At PVsell, we believe its paramount that the information you put in front of your customers withstands the closest scrutiny.
The consequences of inaccurate calculations are huge:
- At best, you could lose all trust, and consequently lose the sale, especially if an accountant looks over your figures
- If you’ve overstated the dollar savings, your reputation could be ruined by an unhappy customer – so there goes your referral!
- At worst, you could be sued by someone who didn’t get the financial benefits you promised
Unfortunately we see too many companies mis-calculating benefits, often because they simply don’t understand the importance of accurate bill transcription. Common examples include:
- Assuming all power produced attracts the peak tariff. Typically two-sevenths of solar production is on weekends, which are commonly off-peak
- Incorrectly tallying the unbundled bills’ energy, network, ancilliary, and environmental charges
- Overlooking the different Time-Of-Use times that can apply to Energy charges and to Network charges
- (the #1 most common mistake is assuming that all solar power generated is self-consumed)
Fortunately PVsell’s unique interface is tailored to complex Australian commercial bills, and it encourages you to accurately enter all information from the bill.
Did you know you can even upload a bill and have PVsell enter your bill for you?